Trinity Lutheran Church is blessed to be a part of two distinct neighborhoods in Springfield, Illinois. Our downtown church campus is situated just across the street from the Illinois State Capitol in the heart of downtown Springfield. Our school campus is located approximately one mile from the church in the Historic West Side neighborhood.
Trinity Lutheran Church is committed to downtown Springfield and is currently working to complete a substantial renovation and expansion project on our historic downtown sanctuary. We believe that our downtown location provides many unique opportunities for ministry and that God has placed us here for a distinct purpose!
- Weekly Lunchtime Worship Service: This service provides a wonderful opportunity for downtown workers, Capitol employees and politicians alike to gather for prayer and meditation on God's Word. Once our downtown renovation project is complete, we will resume the 12:10 pm service each Wednesday.
- Downtown Events: Downtown events and parades also allow us to open our doors to the community and share the history of our sanctuary and our congregation with our neighbors and community members. We have participated in a variety of events including the funeral processional commemorating the 150th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's death and the Upper Floors architectural tours sponsored by Downtown Springfield, Inc.
We are always looking for new ways to reach out to and serve our downtown Springfield neighborhood!
Historic West Side Neighborhood
The location of our school campus at the corner of Governor St. and MacArthur Blvd. in the Historic West Side Neighborhood provides the joys of reaching out to and serving a more residential area. Throughout the year, Trinity Lutheran Church organizes a number of events for our school campus neighbors, including:
- Neighborhood Block Party: Trinity celebrates the end of Summer each year with lunch and fun on the soccer field. Attendees enjoy inflatables, music and free hot dogs, chips, soda and other treats. We hope you'll join us for this year's block party on August 11, 2018!
- Trunk or Treat: This free, indoor trick or treating event allows community members and their kids to collect candy and other treats in a well-lit, warm, and friendly environment. Stop by our Parish Hall for safe and fun trick or treating on October 31, 2018!
- Easter Egg Hunt: Every Spring, Trinity Lutheran Church hosts an Easter Egg Hunt for the children of our neighborhood, as well as our church members. In addition to a massive egg hunt with more than 1,000 eggs, the event also includes many fun craft stations, a cookie decorating station, and the retelling of the Easter story through an engaging object lesson.
- Outdoor Movie Night: Every summer, Trinity Lutheran Church hosts a family movie night. Neighborhood families are invited to attend the showing of a fun, family movie on the soccer field, complete with popcorn and soda!